About This Course
The rise of DevOps and cloud computing has enabled developers to take on more responsibility for the operational aspects of their systems, but not without cost. Serverless computing strives to reduce this cost and allow developers to focus on their business. However, most serverless platforms are missing a critical component: state.
This course will teach you how to use Akka Serverless, a revolutionary new platform that manages state in a highly scalable and resilient fashion. You will learn the benefits of working on a platform where state isn't an afterthought, but is engineered in from the beginning.
This is a course preview
- Unlike other courses, it includes slides and exercise instructions only. There are no videos at this time.
- We kindly ask that you provide feedback in the survey at the end of the course. You may also provide feedback at any point via the Lightbend Academy Contact Us page.
Earn this Badge
Successful completion of this course will entitle you to the following badge:
- Why Akka Serverless
- Akka Serverless Anatomy
- Schema First API Design
- Schemas (Revisited)
- Event Sourcing
- HTTP over gRPC
- Wrap Up
- This course is a preview.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- The materials can be reviewed as many times as you want.
- Approximately 10-12 hours.
- As a preview, we kindly ask that you provide feedback in the survey at the end of the course.
- You will need to install various tools for developing Node.js applications, such as Node Package Manager (NPM).
- You will need to create an Akka Serverless account.
- You will need to create a Docker Hub account.