Lightbend Akka for Java - Professional
Enrollment in this course is by invitation only
On-site and Remote Options Available
This is a three day course with a live instructor offered to private groups of 5-12 people. At this time, we do not offer the course to individuals. Please contact us to arrange a your group booking. Please ensure you include the name of the course you are inquiring about.
About This Course
Akka provides a toolkit for building highly concurrent, distributed, and resilient message-driven applications for Java and Scala.
In this course you will learn how to use Akka in Java to create highly concurrent applications that are capable of improved scalability within a single JVM. These applications can have increased resiliency through the use of supervision hierarchies.
This course will provide the foundational knowledge you need to begin exploring other Akka features such as Akka Cluster, Akka Streams, and Akka HTTP.
- Developers with skills and knowledge in Java 8
- Developers with a familiarity of Reactive Architecture, as covered in “Lightbend Reactive Architecture - Professional”
- Developers who want to develop resilient, event-driven, scalable applications
- Architects who want hands-on experience building Reactive applications with Akka
- Developers gain knowledge and skills to design fault-tolerant apps using Akka
- Certified Lightbend Trainers share how to configure, test, and tune Akka apps
- Production readiness - create asynchronous, event-driven systems in Java
- Level: Intermediate - knowledge of and practical experience with Java is assumed
- Length: Three days - 21 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding - students develop a workshop case study and produce a fully functional application that is event-driven and resilient
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 8
- What is Akka
- Creating an Actor
- Actor Communication
- Actor State
- Scheduling Messages
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behaviour
- Ask Pattern