On-site and Remote Options Available
This is a two day course with a live instructor offered to private groups of 5-12 people. At this time, we do not offer the course to individuals. Please contact us to arrange a your group booking. Please ensure you include the name of the course you are inquiring about.
About This Course
Akka provides a toolkit for building highly concurrent, distributed, and resilient message-driven applications for Java and Scala.
In this course you will learn how to use Akka to create highly concurrent applications that are capable of improved scalability within a single JVM. These applications can have increased resiliency through the use of supervision hierarchies.
This course will provide the foundational knowledge you need to begin exploring other Akka features such as Akka Cluster, Akka Streams, and Akka HTTP.
- Developers with basic knowledge of Scala, as covered in “Lightbend Scala Language - Professional”
- Developers with a familiarity of Reactive Architecture, as covered in “Lightbend Reactive Architecture - Professional”
- Developers who want to develop resilient, event-driven, scalable applications
- Architects who want to have hands-on experience building Reactive Akka applications
- Developers gain knowledge and skills to design fault-tolerant apps using Akka
- Certified Lightbend Trainers share how to configure, test, and tune Akka apps
- Production readiness - create asynchronous, event-driven systems
- Level: Intermediate - knowledge of and practical experience with Scala is assumed
- Length: Two days - 14 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding - students develop a workshop case study and produce a fully functional application that is event-driven and resilient
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 8
- What is Akka
- Creating an Actor
- Actor Communication
- Actor State
- Scheduling Messages
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behaviour
- Ask Pattern