About This Course
Akka Cluster is a powerful set of tools used to build modern distributed and reactive systems. With it, you can build systems that can scale in ways that weren't possible using traditional architectures.
Using Akka Cluster properly can be challenging. An improperly configured cluster can create more problems than it solves. This course will attempt to de-mystify some aspects of Akka Cluster. We will peel back the curtain and take a look at how the cluster works behind the scenes.
By developing a deeper knowledge of Akka Cluster we will put ourselves in a better position to create a stable, and efficient cluster.
- Akka Cluster
- Cluster Formation
- Cluster Management
- Cluster Communication
- Cluster Failure
- Healing a Cluster
- Split Brain
- Lightbend Split Brain Resolver
- This course is free for Subscription Customers.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be taken as many times as you wish.
- This course assumes that students are familiar with Akka. Knowledge of Actors, Actor Systems, and the Actor Model is assumed.
- This course makes use of an application built either with Scala and SBT or Java and Maven. However, only a minimal amount of Scala and SBT or Java and Maven knowledge is required. You choose to complete the exercises using the Scala application or the Java application.
- You will need Lightbend Commercial Credentials to complete the exercises.