About This Course
Akka Cluster Sharding allows us to build systems that can be responsive to our users needs. These systems are both elastic and resilient in part due to the message driven nature of the actors they are built on. In short, they are Reactive.
Your goal in this course will be to learn about Akka Cluster Sharding and its various features, while converting a stateless microservice into a stateful one. This will allow us to see the difference between a system that relies entirely on the database to provide consistent state, and a system that isn't beholden to the database to provide consistency.
Earn this Badge
Successful completion of this course will entitle you to the following badge:
- Stateless Systems
- Akka Cluster Sharding
- Stateful Systems
- Remembering Entities
- Minimum Number of Members
- This course is only available to Lightbend Subscribers. For more information, see academy.lightbend.com/faq.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- The materials can be reviewed as many times as you want.
- Quizzes and exams can only be completed once.
- Approximately 8 hours
- JDK 9-11
- This course assumes that students are familiar with the Java Language. You will need to understand concepts such as classes, generics, futures, lambdas etc.
- It is assumed that you have a strong grasp of Akka Actors, Dispatchers, Mailboxes etc.
- The course uses Akka Cluster and it is assumed that you understand the basics of how to setup an Akka Cluster.
- This course makes use of Maven. However, only a minimal amount of Maven knowledge is required.
- You will need Lightbend Commercial Credentials to complete the exercises.