About This Course
Akka provides a toolkit for building highly concurrent, distributed, and resilient message-driven applications for Java and Scala.
In this course you will learn how to use Akka to create highly concurrent applications that are capable of improved scalability within a single JVM. These applications can have increased resiliency through the use of supervision hierarchies.
This course will provide the foundational knowledge you need to begin exploring other Akka features such as Akka Cluster, Akka Streams, and Akka HTTP.
- What is Akka
- Creating an Actor
- Actor Communication
- Actor State
- Scheduling Messages
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behaviour
- Ask Pattern
- This course is free for Subscription Customers.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be taken as many times as you wish.
- This course assumes that students are familiar with the Scala language. You will need to understand concepts such as classes, objects, functions (including partial functions) etc.
- This course makes use of SBT. However, only a minimal amount of SBT knowledge is required.
- You will need Lightbend Commercial Credentials to complete the exercises.