About This Course
Akka Streams enables the consumption of streaming data, in a fully non-blocking, asynchronous manner. It also allows us to consume that data while providing non-blocking backpressure to prevent mailbox overflows.
Your goal is to learn the components that make up the Akka Streams API, how they interact and how to optimize Akka Streams performance. We will see a broad range of different Akka Streams components and have a chance to use many of them.
- Introduction to Streams
- Runnable Graphs
- Fault Tolerance
- Performance Tuning Streams with Fusion Optimization
- This course is free for Subscription Customers.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be taken as many times as you wish.
- This course assumes that students are familiar with the Java language. You will need to understand concepts such as classes, static classes, functions (including lambda functions) etc.
- You will need concepts from Akka Actors. A basic knowledge of Actors, Dispatchers, and Mailboxes is required.
- This course makes use of SBT. However, only a minimal amount of SBT knowledge is required.
- You will need Lightbend Commercial Credentials to complete the exercises.